This course is for Western Australian School Canteen Association Inc members and costs $15.00 (GST INC), only choose this if you are a member.
The learning outcomes from this course are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of the Healthy Food and Drink (HFD) policy; including 5 areas of compliance
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of school stakeholders in implementing the HFD policy
- Increase knowledge of health and nutrition
- Increase understanding the Traffic light system of categorising food and drinks
- Develop canteen menu assessment skills
- Increase confidence to accurately colour code the canteen menu and assess compliance
- Develop food selection skills for planning a nutritionally balanced menu and increase the percentage of green items
- Demonstrate an understanding of advocating for healthy food and drinks
The training takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.